What It's Like To Not Get Szechuan Sauce





Hey everyone! Welcome back to another post from yours truly, Ryan Hebert! If you're new here, welcome! It is a pleasure to have you here. If I could offer you a drink or a snack, I would, but this is over the internet so that is not very possible. If you have been here before, welcome back! Always happy to have familiar faces and readers to my blog! Now without further ado, let's get started!





I think I decided to write this post for a couple reasons. The first reason being I have just gone through I big change in my life, and the second being that I went to go get Szechuan Sauce at Mcdonalds and it was all gone.


The big life event actually has to do with my girlfriend. Now my Ex-Girlfriend. I hate to say that phrase but it is the truth. A relationship that was going 2.5 years and strong recently ended.


I won't go into much detail as this is more of a private matter, but I do want to share how I'm feeling at this current time. Break-ups are no fun. Trust me. This one has been especially painful. With tons of information coming at me from different directions and then finally being told by my girlfriend that she loves someone else, I am a little discombobulated, to say the least.


I feel like I'm on an emotional roller coaster and sometimes I am on it and doing fine, while other times, I am getting sick from the number of looptiloops that come my way. I have recently come to terms that I do have some pretty bad anxiety in high-stress situations and this has definitely been getting in the way of my sleeping and eating schedules.


I am hurting. That is the basic thing I want to say. But I want to assure all of you nice, wonderful, and lovely people, that I am taking care of myself and am doing the best I can to stay on track.


I've started to go to the gym more frequently. Whenever I feel myself getting down, I leave the house and go to the gym. Getting my mind off of the current situation is good for me, and I also get to work out! So it's a win-win situation.


I've just started a new diet with my roommates. It's a diet that excludes all High Fructose Corn Syrup/Fructose/Sucrose. So this means no more soda, and candy and anything else that may contain this nasty ingredient.


The most important thing is that my family/friends, all of them. From the family/friends in Chicago to the ones back home in Massachusetts, thank you for being supportive and kind individuals who will go out of there way to make that their family/friend knows they have your back.


I am fortunate to have such a beautiful network of people I can talk to and vent to if I need to.


It's only been about 5 days so far. I have a bit of a bumpy ride ahead of me, but with the track I am on, I am hopeful that I will be able to find stability again, and keep finding happiness in my hobbies and passions.


Speaking of hobbies and passions...


I went to Connecticut a couple weekends ago for a Pokemon Regional Championship. There were about 224 players in my division of play, and I will let you know right now, sadly, I was not in first. I am okay with that because I wasn't last either! The thing that I really got from that event were new friends that I hope to see in Memphis this December!

Playing Pokémon is a calming, and competitive activity that is allowing me to travel to places around the country, and potentially, around the world, that I have never been to. This December, myself and another friend will be traveling down to Memphis, TN for a weekend of fun and excitement! I cannot wait to compete and I will be practicing every day before this tournament to do the best I can.

If anyone wants to reach out to talk, catch up about life, or anything, please feel free to reach out. I am not begging for attention, I merely want to offer an open palm to anyone else who might be going through some tough times! Or if you're having some good times, I'd love to hear about them too!

That's all I've got for now everyone. Thank you, and have a great day. Tah-tah for now-

Ryan

Comments

  1. Sorry to hear about your relationship, however treat it as another lesson that you have in your life :) You are an amazing, creative and very sensible person. Keep it that way!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Trick or Treat? Treat? Okay, I Got One. Endings Lead To New Beginnings!

A Year Later: An Update From Ryan

Pokemon VGC 17 Team Building ideas