Jump Up High MARIO!

Hey everyone! Welcome to my blog! My name is Ryan Hebert, and I'm a Sophomore at DePaul University! For all of you coming here for the first time, welcome! I'm so glad to have you here today! If you've read my blog before, it is such a pleasure to have you back again! Without further ado, let's get started!!!

For all of you who want to check in on me, I've been doing better lately. For all of you who are new, HERE is a link that explains what's going on. 

Now if you've just read that or have already done so, here are a few reasons why things are going better.



If you know me from when I was in high school, I was a radio DJ at WIQH for the four years I was at Concord Carlisle. Last year I took a break from Radio because they refused to accept my radio show idea. They were going for shows that played one type of genre of music and it did not fit my style. So I was recently inspired to re-apply at Radio DePaul, and I was sent an ecstatic email about my prior experience and how they would want me on the air right away. This past Tuesday I went into Radio DePaul to have an interview and it is now official! I am going to have a training this upcoming Tuesday and then on Wednesday night, 10pm-12am, The Bird's Nest returns to the airwaves! I'll be posting a link on my facebook and twitter! If you're curious but can't find those, just shoot me a text and I'll be happy to send you a link!



Other than the DJ job, my real job with the DePaul Athletics Ticket Office is going really well, as well. The crew I work with are so enthusiastic and fun that it doesn't always feel like I'm working. The player's families are so kind and sweet, and I honestly don't face too many grumpy people unless their child forgets to put them on a comp list. 

I'm still working out every day at the Ray Meyer Fitness and I'm on a nice track to losing some weight (In fact I already have!) and gaining some much-needed muscle and cardiovascular training. 




Lastly, there are my extremely supportive friends and family that have been reaching out to me in the past couple weeks that have been so kind. I am thankful for all of them and their kindness and it helps especially when things feel pretty tough.







I will be honest, last night was really tough for me, and today was too. I actually tried to go on a date today with my roommate, but it didn't go so well. I figured out that I am not ready for anything right now and that I really need to give myself some more time. 

We went to the Original Pancake House and spent a day out on the city. Besides the fact that it felt like it was in the mid 20's outside, I felt sick for most of the day. I felt my anxiety kick in and hold me back. 



I've wanted to contact my ex for most of the day, and the dream that I had last night also had some part to play in this as well. It's been a really tough Friday for me and I just have so many mixed emotions on it all. Most of all, I'm just really sad. I want the feelings to pass, and the distractions that I'm giving myself don't always do the trick. I know that I need to keep moving forward and stay on the track I have set myself. While this roller coaster has its ups and downs, it will reach a moment of stability again. 


If you've gotten through what I just wrote, I appreciate your time, and I have something a little more upbeat! Tomorrow I am teaming up with a local business, Good Games Chicago, to host a community Halloween Pokémon Event. I am so excited to be able to bring together the DePaul Pokémon community and the Chicago local community for an afternoon of excitement and competition! We're having a Video Game, Card Game, and Costume Contest for anyone who wants to come on down! If you're reading this and just want to stop on by to say hello, I'll be there with a big smile on my face, and MCing the event!

That's all I've got for now guys! Thank you for reading, and know that I am looking forward to get better. Thank you, and have a great day. Tah-tah for now-

Ryan




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trick or Treat? Treat? Okay, I Got One. Endings Lead To New Beginnings!

A Year Later: An Update From Ryan

Pokemon VGC 17 Team Building ideas