Rolling The Day Away

On today's post, I talk about what happened during my day. So without further ado, here we go.

This morning I left the house with my amazing girlfriend, Izzy, to go get breakfast. The day before we had gone to a nicer breakfast location. This morning, we were both good with some nice Dunkin Donuts. She had been recently given a ton of DD gift cards, so breakfast was on her this morning.

The Dunkin Donuts location was extremely nice and cozy. We lucked out on sitting in the two black comfy leather chairs. We munched on our breakfast's, and then continued our day from there. 

After Dunks, we headed to Walmart. She needed some lady things, and we both enjoyed going there. It gave us somewhere to go and something to do. You can do a lot in a Walmart, especially a Super Walmart. You can people watch, look at fun and cool items, and just have a good time with each other.

After a trip to Walmart, we stopped at a local music store we had seen on the way to Walmart. All the doors to this place were wide open when we arrived it. It was about 77 degrees outside, so it was perfect. We walk in to find a guy walking around with a fluffy german shepherd on his tale, with a black lab lying on the ground. Guitars littered the store everywhere, and a mini stage was on the other side of the stage. There was a cozy back room that featured acoustic guitars. Izzy and I perused this small musical heaven and then left.

As we were heading home, we checked the time and it was about 2:10pm as we got about 3 minutes from my house. I asked Izzy if we had gone to Flo's yet. She said no. So I told her to keep driving down Route 1 to Flo's.

For those of you who are not familiar with Flo's, it is a very famous hot dog stand that is open 11-3pm in Cape Neddick, ME. It was founded by a woman named Flo, who has a special relish she puts on all of her steamed, and crisp hot dogs. 

We pull in to a spot next to the stand to find yellow jackets swarming on that side of the building. Luckily a car was pulling out of a different spot, nearby at the stand, and I asked Izzy to move there, to avoid the 30+ hornets. We pull in the new spot to find a recycling bin to also be swarmed by 15+ yellow jackets. Atleast it was not as bad as the previous bin lol.

We go inside, and barely hit our heads on the low ceiling. We order our dogs, and we wait. Eventually we got them and here was the result:
Izzy absolutely loved the hotdog, and I hope to come back here with her again soon!

After the hot dogs, we took a little trip over to York's Wild Kingdom. Izzy and I get into the park, walk around a bit and figure out what to do. We decided to purchase GO Kart passes. We meet a few interesting characters while at these go karts. A blonde haired college kid who had no shits to give if you did not listen to his rules, a curly brown haired guy who was having fun and a newbie, blonde haired girl who treated everyone very nicely. Overall it was awesome. Izzy won all the races. I am planning to work on my driving game and get her next time.

Now after York's Wild Kingdom, we drove home and did a little bit of cleaning on the summer house. I needed some dire organization in my room, cause it was not looking to hot, and the kitchen and living room needed help. My mother is gone for the night, so her coming back to a clean house is my goal. After about an hour and a half of cleaning, Izzy and I headed off to the big event of the night, Rollerskating.

Keep in mind, the last time I Rollerskated, was over 10 years ago, and I sucked at it then, so I had 0% confidence in myself. I had been teasing Izzy with the idea of it for a while, but I never thought it would happen till now.

We drive to the Rollerskating place, and go in. All the Rollerskating Regulars were there. To your left, was the retro, rollerskating eating area with some arcade games in the corners. To the right was the mainstage. The Roller Rink. It was pretty low-key. Some oldies and some throwbacks from the 2000's played over the Roller floor. We traded in our shoes for skates and immediately went to the practice area.

Let me tell you, I never fell once, and I feel incredibly proud for what I accomplished at the Rink. I came in, not knowing how to skate, but with about an hour of practice in the learning area, I was ready to ride along the big boys in the big rink with Izzy. I love how patient Izzy was with me, even when I hated learning at the beginning. In the end, I loved it, and I'm so happy we went.

I want to tell you about some of regulars we saw at this rink.
The Ref, he was wearing a side pinstriped shirt (Black and White) and had the classic skates on. If there was anything to say about this guy, he COULD skate. Holy moly. Backwards, Frontwards, Side-wards. Any way he wanted to, he could do it.

Guy in the Orange shirt, he tried to be the most baller dude in the Rink. He danced with a small hunch and just dominated. He also wore sunglasses the entire time, while it was quite dark inside.

Overall, the Rollerskating was a success, and I know Izzy was so happy to have me come and do it with her. Here are some photos from are night!
A little selfie of us before we went into the big rink!

Me being Cheeky


Learning how to skate. OMG I was hating it, the smile says it all.
End of our night, we were sad it was over, but we know it will not be our last time!

I want to thank everyone who read today's post, and please have a wonderful day! More to come soon! Tah tah for now

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trick or Treat? Treat? Okay, I Got One. Endings Lead To New Beginnings!

A Year Later: An Update From Ryan

Pokemon VGC 17 Team Building ideas