School of Rock (What an Ironic Title hehe)

Welcome back everyone! I'm so glad you could join me here on Acting In The Groove today. My name is Ryan, and for those of you who do not know me, I am a nerd. Theatre nerd, super hero nerd, Pokemon nerd, all the nerds.

Today I went to go see School of Rock (Youth Version) at the Ogunquit Playhouse!!! It was friggin amazing. Victor Tracey, Dewey Finn, good friend of mine, was perfect for the role. He possessed energy that was always bursting at the seams. He connected well with all of his other fellow castmates on stage.

Emma Smith, a great friend of mine, played the role of Patty. An overbearing and abusive wife to Ned. She was committed to her character the entire show, and was just awesome. Her voice was fantastic as always! She actually just released her new Album, Compass! I am so excited to listen to it as well. Click HERE to go and check out her Album on Itunes, Spotify, etc.

Taylor Hussey, I want to know this guy better! Holy crap, he killed it on the drums. Let me tell you, there was a group of kids on stage that played live the entire show. Taylor played the role of Freddy Hamilton and gave me frequent goosebumps with his drums. Loved it. 100%

Nikao Noiseux portrayed a shy, yet baller Zach Mooneyham in this production. He played lead guitar, live, for the entire show and killed it. I loved his singing, and his shredding. Good job man.

Julia Driscoll played Mason Ward, a kid who plays bass in the show. Julia, you killed it with your facial expressions and bass playing. She also played bass live for the entire show. Great job.

Matt Taggart, what can I saw man. You made me laugh, cry, and overall, you played an instrument that I wish I could play, the Piano! Matt played Billy Sanford in the show. He killed it on the keys, and he really enjoyed himself up on stage. Especially when he got the spot light, it was him, his cast and the audience. You could tell he was there, and he was present with everyone.

Siara Carrillo Tracey (Summer) and Analise Marin (Tamika), bravo and congratulations to both of you. I am so happy to know you're extremely talented older siblings, and it was a privilege to see you both absolutely slay and see the amazing talent you both possess. I hope to see more of you both in the future.

If you read this and do not see your name, I am sorry you were left off the long list of compliments. You all were fabulous and I loved every single person. Nothing bad from any of you, so really, be proud of the piece of work you have just put up. It surpassed any youth show I have seen or been in at the Playhouse.

Now besides individual people, I want to speak on the ensemble.  I have never been more obsessed and impressed with a teen ensemble in my life. I am even more impressed with this ensemble than any ensemble I've been apart of. They had fun on stage, they connected onstage, and most importantly, they SLAYED on stage. This group of teens was amazing! I say teens because even though this is a "Youth" production, none of them are kids. I happen to know a lot of them too, and I remember meeting them all the year before in a production of Shrek. They have all grown into amazing teen actors, and I really loved every minute of the show.

If was not obvious enough, I loved the show. I fell in love with it, and I was sad to have missed being in the show. I don't regret not being in it though. I needed a break after Spamalot this summer, and I'm going to be away from my girlfriend for a long time, so the week I spent with here, was a more important thing to me. I miss you all that were in the production, and I hope to work with you all again soon.

That is all for today, tah tah for now!

PS. "Do we teach rock, or is it rock that schools us?"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trick or Treat? Treat? Okay, I Got One. Endings Lead To New Beginnings!

A Year Later: An Update From Ryan

Pokemon VGC 17 Team Building ideas