Pokemon World Championships 2016

Welcome back to my blog, bloggers, readers, and citizens of the world!

If you are not familiar with me, my name is Ryan, and this is my blog. I'm an actor and a human being, as most of us are.

Today i'm not talking on a subject that is very near and dear to my heart: POKEMON!
Last year I attended the Pokemon World Championships in Boston, MA. I had a stellar time, and I made some fantastic friends along the way.
I brought my hometown friends, Ian and Seth with me on different days. I then met a great guy named Warren whom I now live near.


This year the Pokemon Championships are in San Francisco, CA, and I am not able to make it. Not to mention this happened:
So it is kind of hard to attend unless you are an invited player, that is competing during the weekend.

I did infact compete this season. I even bred my own Pokemon to use for competitive play! It takes many hours to complete a full team of 6 ready to go Pokemon. I did it all, and I was very happy with my results. I did not get first in the tournaments I went to, but I did not get last. At the major tournaments I went to, MA Regionals and a Showdown Tournament in NH, I was in the middle. At Regionals, I went 4-4 and I was proud. At another couple smaller events, I barely made it past last place. I was second or third to last. I did not do so hot.

I plan on going to more events in the 2017 Season of Competitive Pokemon. I think that was one of my downfalls. I went to events later in the season and did not have the experience of battling earlier in the season like some other people I know. I also was not as good earlier in the season, so that has changed as well.

So all in all, I competed and I hope to be back soon for next season! 

On a different but related note, I recently restarted my failed online Pokemon Community/League.The Opal League is now back up, again. I was sitting by myself at home, wondering what to do with my life and then I decided to revamp an old website I had and get some old and new staff for the site and now I'm recruiting new members! Take a peek at the site! ( opalleague.com ) I'm currently working on little details on the site, so parts of it might appear a bit rough, but the home page is nice and I have an old friend who is studying graphic design making new graphics for the new site. I have old friends and newer friends all coming together to build this community. Hopefully all works out. Everything has a different end and I wonder how this will go. Maybe I'll even get some of my soon-to-be Depaul buddies on it too! 

Thanks for reading everyone! Tah tah for now!

UPDATE:

Winner of the VGC 2016 Masters is Wolfe Glick. Congrats man.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trick or Treat? Treat? Okay, I Got One. Endings Lead To New Beginnings!

A Year Later: An Update From Ryan

Pokemon VGC 17 Team Building ideas