nEw YeAr NeW mE?

Hey, everyone! Welcome back to my blog! My name is Ryan Hebert! It's a NEW YEAR, and I guess you could say a new me as well!!! Lots to talk about today so let us get right into it! 


To give a slight warning to those of you who read this for personal matters and such, I am about to go on a lot of rants about my Pokémon success and career at the moment so if you don't want to read about that part of my life, you can go to the bottom. If not, sit back, relax, and enjoy the text. 

First of all, I attempted the Pokemon Trading Card Game again today for the first time in 3 years. I once played the card game, semi-competitively, but I never kept up due to the high demand of buying SO many cards. When you start out and have nothing, you really have nothing. At this point in time, I've amassed a nice collection of cards known as "staples" that I am able to easily build decks with. I went 1-5 at the tournament today and I could not be happier. I went, and I did what I accomplished. 1 win. That's all I wanted. I was able to get the win against a deck that actually countered my deck so I was proud. After that, I attempted to keep winning, but I had some tough battles with some really great opponents! I am so grateful for my friend Kyle, who was going to the event, and offered to drive me there with him! I cannot wait to attend more events at Top Cut Comics, and I have a review video coming out soon! The link will appear here when it is posted! 


DePaul University is going to be hosting official Video Game Championship events and I am SO EXCITED. My friend Matthew V is a local Tournament Organizer, and since I am the President of DePaul PokéDemons, I was able to provide spaces for these fun events to take place in. They're going to be called Friday Night Frays! Every two weeks, starting January 12th, we will be hosting VGC 18 tournaments. They will not have CP payout, but that is what we are working towards! The more people and support we get, the sooner we can get Premier Challenges!


I have a Midseason Showdown event that I am attending on January 13th! It will be my second official VGC 18 event after the Friday Night Fray on January 12th! I am super excited and also nervous at the same time. What will I bring? What is the play for the Midseason? Do I bring a team that I am wanting to bring to Dallas? The possibilities are endless! We'll see! In the meantime, I have to beat my game to actually play lol. 

Finally, as for events, I am looking ahead to the next few months to see what events I want to try to make it to. I am headed to Dallas Regionals for sure! I am not sure if I will be at Collinsville yet, but I am eyeing Utah in May. So we'll see what I can do! I'll keep everyone updated! Be sure to check out my twitter for all updates as well! @RyanBHebert 



I also have a Youtube channel that I am starting to produce more content for as I get the time and such. 
I will also be starting a competitive VGC 18 Podcast with the first season of 6 Episodes coming out in mid-January! Be on the lookout! 


So if you have just survived all of that Pokémon, I commend you. If you just skipped to the bottom because you don't care about Pokémon, that's okay too! I am going to also start school tomorrow so I will be shifting my focuses over to that starting this week as well. My free time is going to shrink and my time management is going to be going up! I'll probably be super focused on school this quarter to make sure I keep up all of my grades, as well as keeping up with all of my classes and my job! I am so excited to be starting classes, and I'll be writing later this week to let you all know what I am taking and how it is going!!!


Finally, this is where things get a little more personal so if this is where I leave you, thank you so much for reading and have a great day!!! I appreciate the time you took to read everything!




With the New Year finally being here, everyone goes around making resolutions, and then probably forgetting about them or not doing them. I'm not going to list a bunch of resolutions here but I will say what I'm doing to keep moving forward and to stay healthy!


I am going to be continuing my 5-6 day gym schedule. It's super important, to me, to keep up all the work I did in the Fall Quarter. When summer comes around, I am so excited to see where I will be weight wise!!! I found myself not doing much of what I love to do in Fall Quarter due to poor time management or due to external stress factors. Winter is upon us and I am so excited to make a stricter schedule for myself and to move forward by knowing that school comes first, but that I also get to do things that I love. Making myself happy is my top priority this quarter and I am done looking back on the past.

Thanks for reading everyone! I hope you enjoyed the update! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trick or Treat? Treat? Okay, I Got One. Endings Lead To New Beginnings!

A Year Later: An Update From Ryan

Pokemon VGC 17 Team Building ideas