My Fall Quarter Is Focused On Chicken Nuggets!!!

Hey, y'all welcome back to another post from yours truly! I am so grateful for you to return once again to read up on what's going in my life. If you're new, welcome, my name is Ryan Hebert. I am a Sophomore at DePaul University, in Chicago, IL. I am studying to be a Theatre Arts Directing Major with either a Political Science Double Major or Minor. I am also a Pro-Pokemon Player looking to make the World Championships this year, or at the very least, attend a number of regional events!
Without further ado, let's get started! (PS I love pugs)

I spent my last month of the summer at Lindt Chocolate in Kittery, ME. I met a few characters while I was working there and I wanted to speak on each of them. I want to speak about them all because I went in, did my job, and left. For this part of my story, they were the ones that shine more brightly than myself.
I first met Ron. How could I not meet him, since he was the store's main greeter. He was this very old man who I soon found out, owns 13 cars, 5 houses, and was a millionaire. After getting to know him for a while, including finding out that he was best friends with the notorious Whitey Bulger, I asked him why he was at Lindt, and not at home relaxing during a peaceful retirement.
His answer was that he wanted to keep up his people skills, as well as his selling skills. It made me think about what I might do at his age, and what jobs I could possibly get.



I then met my new Manager Tracey. Tracey got a lot of hate when she came into the position. The people I had worked with for the first week of August were getting a new boss the second week of August, and they were not happy. A change was the enemy for all of them, and I just wondered why they were so crazy about not having their former manager. People come and go in the retail business so why were they all so butthurt about an experienced, capable and compassionate new manager? It is something I will never understand. All I know is that Tracey will be working at that Lindt location for a long time, and she's going to do an amazing job

Finally, I met Laura. She was sweet, funny, and pretty much laughed at everything I said. She laughed at everything I said to the point where I was distracting her from doing work. Sorry Laura XD. I also heard she makes good soup.
I had a pretty sweet time at Lindt this summer, but as we all know, chocolate does not last that long (Cause it gets eaten).

Flying in on September 1st meant that I not only started my adventure for Sophomore year, but I also moved into my 3-bed apartment with my two besties from last year. Nathan and Hayden helped the process of moving into the apartment so much. It was mainly because they both live close to DePaul whereas I am from New-England.

Anyways, yes we've had a couple parties and it's been a blast so far. I'll be sure to update this post with some pics of my room and the apartment. We've got a dope kitchen, a lovely living space and spacious rooms for each of us. I managed to get a desk and bed-frame off of Craigslist for a steal and I am so happy with how everything turned out! If you're ever in the area, let me know and you can stay over!


As for a status on my classes, I love them all. I am in a second of three class track for performance workshop. We're working with real text now and with partners as well. I am taking my first of three class track for Playwriting this quarter as well. I am prompted with an open task and I am given time to create something from my head, from my ideas. The class is taught by my advisor and my favorite teacher, Dean Corrin. The man is not only a genius but kind and passionate about his job as an educator and friend. I am taking a Sophomore Seminar class about Dystopian literature this quarter, with a very qualified professor who has been around for a long time. She has a jersey accent of sorts and has several publications about her long career as a Rock music critic. I am also in Philosophy and Film. I don't have much more to say on it because it is confusing and sort of boring. I love 3/4 of my classes and I could not have asked for a better fall quarter!





It's a new year, and that means NEW people! I have not met too many new people this year, but for the ones
that I have, I am so excited to bond and create memories with all of you. I have also noticed that many of my friendships with friends in the dorm last year have sadly gone away.

Hey, Ryan, I heard you're a nerd and play Pokemon, is that true? YES, that is true! I currently have been hiding deep in caves where Zubat live because I've been training for my regional appearance in Hartford, CT at the end of September. (BTW I will be doing a follow-up article to my performance there after I go). If you are curious about what I do with Pokemon, and how I play competitively, I have a Youtube channel, that I regretfully have not been able to post on for a while now. I do not have the freedom to produce videos as much as I would like due to school, but I am working on a big video. Teambuilding seems to be a topic that all newbies across the board, want to learn and know about. The key is making a video that is as informative as possible while being entertaining and exciting. I am working on making this video, but I am not sure when it will appear, so we'll see!

I should also add that why this article is called "My Fall Quarter is Focused on Chicken Nuggets." I am currently running my 2nd DND campaign, and the continent is called Chick Im Nügeratis. XD

Finally, I cover a topic that I always love to leave for last, but is certainly not least, my girlfriend, Izzy. For all of you who have read a post on here, you may know that I always leave a small amount of time at the end to update you wonderful people about my status with my beautiful and loving girlfriend.

This year, Izzy has done something that has broken away from the rigid college tradition her family put on her last year. Many of the family members in my girlfriend's family went to the University of New Hampshire in New Hampshire. It is a gorgeous school that has a stellar dining center but is encased in a bubble. What I mean by that is that it is a college town in the middle of nowhere that locks its students into a "safe" place until Winter break frees them of their captivity. It's a university in an area that lacks a major city close by. It is a big college town, with a big college feel, without the city. The lack of city is why I chose not to attend UNH, and after some time, my girlfriend had her own reservations as well. I am not going to speak for her because I don't know everything she was going through. She is now in Chicago with me, and I can say that she is having a much better year than last year. She's happy, so that makes me happy.

That's it for now folks! If you have any questions, comments or concerns, let me know! Tah tah for now!- Ryan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trick or Treat? Treat? Okay, I Got One. Endings Lead To New Beginnings!

A Year Later: An Update From Ryan

Pokemon VGC 17 Team Building ideas