SUMMERTIME SURPRISES!

HEY, everybody! I'm so glad you're back to read another post today! If you are new here, welcome! My name is Ryan Hebert. I am going to be a Sophomore at DePaul University in Chicago, IL. I am currently writing on July 4th, 2017, and I am so excited to fill all of you in on what has been going on in the last month or so since school has ended! Let's get started!



Finals Week:
Finals week was probably the worst part of the school year for me. It was not the tests, projects, or super long essays. I actually had a horrible case of Pneumonia that left me in a horrible state. I could not walk down the street. It was really bad. I am so thankful that Izzy, my beautiful girlfriend, was coming to visit and help me move out of my dorm. This was planned ahead of time and also happened to be a blessing for me.

Izzy arrived on the Tuesday of that week. I went to the doctor the day before and they told me I had a Cold with flared Asthma symptoms. I was doubtful, but I was going to try to trust the Nurse Practitioner. Anyways, on Tuesday, Izzy came and she convinced me that maybe we should go to the E.R. So that day, we went to the E.R. and I was diagnosed with Pneumonia.

The lesson I have learned from this is: go see more than one doctor if you progressively get worse every day of the week.

Putting pneumonia aside, Izzy and I went out to a few places to eat, packed up my room, and then we had a flawless flight home with a fabulous Lyft driver who was our saving grace in making our flight.

The First Weeks Back:
I finally got home and spent some time with Izzy and her family. I also had a fully booked weekend
full of plans! The night after I got home, I had a cameo as King Arthur at Goffstown Highschool. We performed "Bright Side of Life" from the Broadway musical, Spamalot!

After the first weekend back, I started working back at Lindt Chocolate. I had previously worked there in November/December 2016 and I had done so well that they welcomed me back with open arms! I am grateful to Mike and all the staff at Lindt for accepting me back. It's hard to get a job these days and I am glad I have this wonderful opportunity to sell people the sweetest thing in life.

Late June:
After a couple weeks of light work, and catching up with lots of friends from home, I started working at a camp known as MSSA. MSSA, or Middlesex School Summer Arts Camp, is exactly what the title says it is. It is a thriving arts camp that has about 200+ campers every year with about 60+ staff members working there as well.

The camp promotes expression and creativity from all people at the camp. From the counselors to the campers. I am currently teaching 2 improv classes, 1 stage combat class, and 1 musical theatre scene class. The experiences so far have been so rewarding!

The day starts off with a meeting, and then the Counselors in Training do a skit every morning! The kids then go off to their 1st, 2nd and 3rd-period classes before breaking for lunch. After lunch the kids and staff have one of the best parts of the day, Noon Time Show! This is a time for classes to come and show the ENTIRE camp what they are doing and how they are doing! It is easily one of the best parts of camp! After that, there are 4th, 5th and 6th period classes. At the end of the day, the kids leave around 4pm.

To anyone wanting a rewarding summer, work at MSSA. DO IT!
I know... This is not a pug. BUT LOOK AT THAT CORGI FLOP!


July and BEYOND:
I work at MSSA till the end of July. After that, I think I'm headed up to Ogunquit, Maine for the rest of the summer!

Finally, I want to give an update on my lovely girlfriend, Izzy. She is working so hard and it means so
much to me to see her working to save up money for college next year. She is coming out to Chicago next year for school and I am so excited that I will be able to see her much more in the upcoming school year! It was really hard to have a long distance relationship this year, but we did it!!! I love her so much and I want everyone to know she is just a hardworking and determined individual!

Thanks for reading everybody! I really appreciate it! Have a great July 4th, and Tah tah for now!- Ryan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trick or Treat? Treat? Okay, I Got One. Endings Lead To New Beginnings!

A Year Later: An Update From Ryan

Pokemon VGC 17 Team Building ideas