How To Prepare To Be A SPICY Sichuan Sauce Master



Hey everyone!!! Pb back here to do some talking on some Pokémon stuff! So if you're not a Pokémon fan, this post will stuff have pugs for you to look at. For all of you Pokémon fans, I'm so glad to have you here! If you're new here, welcome, my name is Pb. I am a VGC Pokémon player that focuses on teambuilding, competing and evaluating your Pokémon training to get to the next level. If you're returning, welcome back! I apologize for the lack of Pokémon posts, but this one is going to be chock full of things for all trainers! Before I get started I want to thank a few Youtubers and Trainertower.com for all their help and resources.





Check these people out:

Aaron "Cybertron" Zheng:  https://www.youtube.com/user/CybertronProductions

Ray Rizzohttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUV4fC_HlxFe_Fwlybh2XiA

aDrive: https://www.youtube.com/user/xaDr1v3

Wolfey Glick: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9OZkS1Mhl5UvKSiPrYqsxg

Trainertower.com- A big shoutout to the Admins, and all who work at Trainer tower!

PS. Found this video of me and Treedoodle (Friend from Pokéshowdown) 
www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5pTi7y9gCY


Now let's get on with the article!

OMG Look at this. So CUTE.


How I am feeling before the tournament: 

I found myself and my nerves were everywhere. I woke up several times last night to feeling stressed and not knowing why. Eventually, I realized I was so stressed because I really want to get a photo with 3x World Champion, Ray Rizzo. (You might notice I'm a bit of a fanboi). Don't worry Ray, if for some reason you read my low life article about this, I will not creep you out. XD

I am feeling confident for the most part, and I am unsure of how I will handle the weekend and the pressure from such a large tournament.
One way I am getting out any stress is through relaxing with friends, watching TV, and evaluating my Pokémon team and how it plays against other strategies. I also start to write on here! So far, it's going well.

How I am preparing:

I am preparing for this tournament in every way I know! I am taking time not playing Pokémon. CRAZY! I know. Why not practice the game that I will be playing all weekend? Well, it's good to get some rest and not burn yourself. It seems like an obvious thing, but not all people realize it. I am also watching players battle on showdown rather than battling 24/7.

Bulldog is my ego, the pug is me
If I do battle, I limit myself to 4 a day.

Why do I do this? After reading many other commentaries on rushing through battles to fluff your ego (thank you Trainer tower and Youtubers), I agree with the statement that if you do not go back and evaluate what you did in your battles, you do not gain anything useful for future battles., and you also just endlessly battle to fluff your damaged ego if you lose a battle. I'll be honest, I have totally done this. 




Pokémon is a game of Information (and RNG ROCK SLIDE XD).

Going back into your battles allows you to get obtain new information, and new ideas on how to
counter other strategies or help strengthen your own. For example, if I run DOUBLE DUCK (Pelipper/Golduck) I know that if a Torkoal is on my opponents team, I better be sure to protect my Pelipper and Golduck from a Drought Torkoal coming onto the field to change the weather.

Another bit of information can be how fast another Pokémon is compared to yours. This is very helpful for best of 3 situations where you're allowed to use a piece of paper and take down as much information as possible. If you know your opponents Garchomp* (*God-Chomp) is faster than yours, take that stuff down!

Besides training and relaxing, I am going into this tournament with a confident and positive mindset. It is easy to get yourself down when you know that a 3x former world champion is coming out of retirement to play, but keeping to yourself, and setting a goal for yourself is key.

I know for myself, I am aiming high. I am going for Top 16 as my goal. In all honesty, That would blow my mind if I make Top Cut whatsoever. I was able to do it at an MSS this past spring, but this is a regional event. I will be grateful for whatever opportunity comes my way this weekend, and even if I don't get Top 16, I'm still proud to say that I was Playing Pokemon and having the time of my life.

Remember- it's about having fun people! That's what I have to keep reminding myself of.



That's all I've got for now fam. I hope you enjoyed, and be on the lookout for a post on Saturday(No promises) or on Sunday night for the recap!!!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER FOR TOURNAMENT UPDATES@RyanBHebert

Tah Tah for now!- Pb

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trick or Treat? Treat? Okay, I Got One. Endings Lead To New Beginnings!

A Year Later: An Update From Ryan

Pokemon VGC 17 Team Building ideas