Pokemon VGC 17 Team Building ideas

Hey, Everyone! Welcome back! My name is Ryan (Pbrabbit) Hebert! I am a Competitive VGC Pokemon Player. 2017 has been a year of much-needed diversity. From VGC 2016 with THE BIG SIX, to 2015, with all the teams being pretty much the same, it's been a few years now since we've had some fun, like Se-jun Park in 2014 with his outstanding Pacharisu! I am so grateful to finally be able to grab onto such an interesting competitive year and just run with it!

The Trainer I aspire to BE!
For all of you who do not know me, I am a freshman at DePaul University, studying for a BFA in Theatre Arts. I am also a long time fan of Pokemon. Starting off with Pokemon Ruby, collecting a few cards here and there. I got to where I am now because of my pull into the game. I love it 100% and I would never give it up. Now enough about me, time to get started on what I have for you all!

2 weeks ago, I designed 12+ teams while I was in class. I am going to list some EV spreads and moves below and then I will post a number of Showdown videos of myself using the team This way you can see it on paper, and see how it works! Each team has a name and I am super excited to share these with you all! I just want to ask that if you are going to use this team, please, credit me, even if you change it up, just note that this was the source the original idea came from. I love you all, have fun experimenting!

Just a side note, these teams are not perfect, they may fail, or they even may work. What I want is for all of you to take what you like and run with it!!!

Here is the complete list of teams. Below this picture I have done a couple of sets for you and done some battles to see how they do!

Class Thoughts #7 is Let it Snow with Some Tricks and Class Thoughts #1 is Snorlax, are you Mimiking Me?


Let It Snow With Some Tricks

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-560030491

Glalie @ Life Orb
Ability: Ice Body
Level: 50
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 52 HP / 156 Def / 252 SpA / 48 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Frost Breath
- Fake Tears
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Protect

Ninetales-Alola @ Focus Sash
Ability: Snow Warning
Level: 50
EVs: 16 HP / 244 SpA / 248 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blizzard
- Dazzling Gleam
- Encore
- Protect

Arcanine @ Firium Z
Ability: Intimidate
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Atk / 60 Def / 196 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge
- Extreme Speed
- Protect

Oranguru @ Mental Herb
Ability: Telepathy
Level: 50
EVs: 104 HP / 196 Def / 116 SpD / 92 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Instruct
- Protect
- Foul Play
- Toxic

Garchomp @ Groundium Z
Ability: Rough Skin
Level: 50
EVs: 252 Atk / 52 SpD / 204 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Poison Jab
- Protect

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Level: 50
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 64 SpD / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Beam
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7vgc2017-560102496

(I changed Fake tears, for Disable on Glalie for this battle)
Glalie @ Life Orb  
Ability: Ice Body  
Level: 50  
Shiny: Yes  
EVs: 156 Def / 252 SpA / 92 Spe  
Modest Nature  
IVs: 0 Atk  
- Frost Breath  
- Disable  
- Hidden Power [Fire]  
- Protect  

Why not add another Pokemon Pug gif?

Some setbacks with the team include:

Trouble With Trick Room
Torkoal Erupting right through my team




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trick or Treat? Treat? Okay, I Got One. Endings Lead To New Beginnings!

A Year Later: An Update From Ryan