First Quarter @ The Theatre School at DePaul University

Hello friends! I understand that you may be auditioning for schools soon or applying for schools in such in your own college processes and I am here just to provide some insight on my experience with The Theatre School.

I am currently a BFA Theatre Arts Student at DePaul University. Personally, I think of it as one of the most open and versatile degree's you can get here at The Theatre School.

The first classes I have taken in my first quarter are:

Intro to Production:
Not your momma's production class! My class was taught by the one and only, Ernie Nolan. A man who just has so much under his belt, he really is just an impressive guy. In this class you learn about what it takes to create your own theatre company, and what is here in Chicago. This class keeps me informed and knowledgable about what is happening around me! Ernie is also just an engaging speaker and teacher. 10/10, I recommend this guy.

Script Analysis:
This is a class that is not for the weak. You must believe in yourself to get through it and be sure to read all the scripts that you are assigned. I was given the amazing Rachel Shtier as a teacher. She is a guest-reviewer at the New York Times Book Review and she currently has 3 books published under her belt, witha a 4th book on the way soon. She is critical, intelligent, and so smart on breaking down the aspects of script for you. She gives you tools to put into your own toolbox for the future. She is so helpful. Please ask questions, never be afraid to talk with her. She is her own person. She is quirky, fun, and a great teacher. 9/10 class and teacher for me.

History of Dramatic Literature:
Probably the best first quarter class for me. This is my most engaging class, with the titilating Brian McKnight. A working television and stage actor in Chicago, with the knowledge of theatre that surpasses your average encyclopedia. Brian is a two time cancer survivor that literally lives his life to the fullest. While he may not have a sensor, just know that he is kind and a fair grader. His classes are heavily lecture based and you read a ton for his class. DO HIS READING. PLEASE. You will ace all of his quizzes if you simply read his assignments. This class was my favorite, and the knowledge I have gained will be with me for a lifetime. 11/10 for the class and teacher.

These are just my theatre classes for my first quarter. As a theatre arts student, this is how you will start off your year. If you have any questions, please do comment on this post below and I'll try my best to answer them. I hope you consider applying for The Theatre School after reading this. I'll be sure to post more of these soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trick or Treat? Treat? Okay, I Got One. Endings Lead To New Beginnings!

A Year Later: An Update From Ryan

Pokemon VGC 17 Team Building ideas