I eat Ham, and Jam, and SPAMALOT!

Hello all you wonderful people!!! Welcome back to my blog. Today I am speaking on the behalf of a show I am currently in named “Spamalot”.  if you are not familiar with the show, here is a little background on it.

"Monty Python's Spamalot is a musical comedy adapted from the 1975 film Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Like the film, it is a highly irreverent parody of the Arthurian Legend, but it differs from the film in many ways."(Wikipedia)

I plan to have photos up from the production process when the show goes up. I will be playing the role of King Arthur, A legendary king who brings a bunch of nights together to form the Knights of the Round Table. King Arthur then proceedes to search for the Holy Grail and then finds that his Grail, metaphorically, is to put on a Broadway show.  The show is jam-packed with references from other musicals, A lot of vulgar language, and a lot of dick jokes. Seriously, a lot of dick jokes.


Aside from the show, the people are what have made this production fantastic. The production is taking place in Goffstown, New Hampshire at Goffstown High School.The production team is made up of a choreographer and a musical director. There is no official director, but the real boss is the choreographer. The choreographer’s name is Tina, and the musical director's name is Josh. Both of them are extremely talented in what they do. The theatre company itself is one like no other. While chaos may erect on some days and incredible work may come up on another, the experiences gained here are extremely valuable. As an actor, you need to be able to work with different types of people, and different type of environments. Not every theater company has a high level of professionalism and I have learned that’s okay. Everybody loves everybody, and everybody knows everybody in the small town of Goffstown, New Hampshire. While they may lack in professionalism, they make up in kindness and friendship. They are one big happy family, and the alumni who have graduated from the high school, always come back to help. The first thing they told me when I came was that I would never leave. While this is my first year here, I could definitely see myself coming back. You might ask why a Massachusetts boy, like myself, would go up to the middle of nowhere New Hampshire.
Izzy and I at my Senior Prom!
It also happens to be that I have a girlfriend named Isabelle, she goes by Izzy.  I have been with her for over a year and 4 months and I love her very much. She happens to be a hardcore techie with incredible skill for painting, building set, lighting, and sound design. She also is a very well-established musician. She plays all of the saxophones you can imagine. She can also play clarinet. She will be in the pit for Spamalot. This will be the first show I get to do with her instead of her coming to see me and all my shows.

I will post show pics when they come out, and yeah, that is what I am up to this week!

Here is a poster for the show: 


I thank you all for reading this post today. I've been more and more intrigued by writing more and more here on this blog as each day goes by, and I cannot wait to share more with you all. I know there is a lot, that is coming in the nearby future, and I cannot wait to share with all of you. Thank you, and tah tah for now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trick or Treat? Treat? Okay, I Got One. Endings Lead To New Beginnings!

A Year Later: An Update From Ryan

Pokemon VGC 17 Team Building ideas